Every toddler will at some point say goodbye to nappies (or diapers) and hello to underwear. Here are some tips for making the transition smoothly...
Image Courtesy of Babble.com
• Look out for signs of readiness for potty training in your toddler. These include staying dry consistently for three hours at a time; being able to verbally communicate needs effectively; demonstrating an understanding of simple requests and instructions; disliking being in soiled nappies; and exhibiting an interest in potty training. • Buy some new “grown up” underwear for your toddler. Make an expedition of it and allow them to participate in the selection process. He or she should be able to pull these up and down themselves. • Don’t push or force the issue. Encouragement in the form of having a potty in each bathroom goes a long way. Talk about using the potty/toilet instead of needing nappies. Allow your toddler to watch other family members (particularly of the same sex) use the toilet to demonstrate this is what “big” boys and girls do. • Allow your toddler to ask to wear the underwear you have bought for them. Too much pressure to do so may lead to resistance. • Remain positive about the entire process and offer encouragement and reinforcement. Remind him or her about whether they need to “go” regularly. • Never get angry about “accidents”. These are an inevitable part of learning. • Make sitting on the potty fun and offer the chance to do so frequently. Take a book. Sing songs. Have a chat. Offer praise when successes happen. • Buy a toddler toilet seat when transitioning from potty to toilet. Toilets can be scary to little people with little bottoms who can fall in easily! • Use pull-up diaper pants during nap time and night time until dryness is the norm. Many children are not consistently dry at night until aged five or six years. Here at Undiewarehouse, we have a range of briefs for both little boys and little girls from Australian icon, Bonds. Bonds create comfortable cotton undies that are perfect for growing little bodies, and we offer these at the very best prices available online.
Australian icon Bonds has catered to babies since the birth of the Bonds Baby Vest in 1932. From there to the first Bonds Baby Wondersuit in 1962, and beyond, Bonds has been an integral part of most babies’ and children’s’ infancy and childhoods in Australia. At Undiewarehouse, we have a wide array of Bonds baby and toddler wear for sale at fantastic prices. For example:
- Baby Classic Vest – no longer limited to white, this classic is now available in blue or pink contemporary colour combos, extra long and without irritating side seams.
- Baby Singletsuit – soft ribbed cotton, all in one for perfect fit and no riding up!
- The Baby Beginnings Nightgown is perfect for newborn late night nappy changes – with a high neckline and hand cuffs, bub will be warm and cosy in breathable cotton.
- The Baby Wondersuit is an enduring favourite. Soft cotton try fabric, stretchy and comfortable, bubs will be warm and cosy – right to the tips of their little fingers, with the featured fold-over mittens on smallest sizes.
- The Newbies Stripe Coveralls are gorgeously cute wrap suits, easy to put on and take off, with closed feet for warmth.
- The Stripe Zip Wondersuit is updated with a protective zip front, for easier dressing. All other Wondersuit features we know and love are included.
- What could be cuter than the baby Newbies ¾ Sleeve Tee? Organic cotton, adjustable sleeve length, an envelope neck, and super soft, the front designs are very cute and appealing.
- Leggings – Classic for infants or Crawler for older bubs, there is a variety of leggings available to perfectly suit your little one, whatever stage they are at.
- Tops of heads and tips of toes are not forgotten. From the sweet Baby Wondersuit Beanie, which is soft, cotton rich terry fabric with stretch for comfort, to the wide range of baby socks which are warm and do not kick off easily, baby will be warm and comfortable no matter what the season.
You might almost ask, where would we be without Bonds for babies? Browse our range for the best prices and products available online...