Undie Warehouse Blog
For many centuries, mankind has been on a perpetual hunt for the one and only perfect pair of undergarments. Some previous attempts by civilisation can be considered an utter failure – some of those historical corsets are infamous for being unbearably uncomfortable and stifling to the point of physical pain to the wearer. However, for the modern underwear buyer, the choice in garments provided to us nowadays surely comes much closer to the standard of the perfect underwear.
The most important aspect of buying underwear is making sure you’ve got the right size! It’s estimated that 85% of women wear the wrong size bra – so this is clearly a problem area in the underwear buying department. It’s important to be honest with yourself about what does and doesn’t fit when it comes to underwear. In the end, it’s better to go up a size and be comfortable, rather than worry about being embarrassed by a number on a label. Who cares? No one will know your size but you – and wearing the right size will make you look your best! Another important fact to remember is that this underwear will be up against your skin all day, every day, so naturally we should choose the right fabric. Itchy, scratchy or just downright uncomfortable fabric is not at all appropriate for underwear. Cotton is a common favourite for underwear, as it is light and easy to care for, as well as wicking sweat away from the body and keeping you cool. High quality polyester with cotton crotches provides both comfort and support to underwear, so is therefore another good choice. Finally, once you have your comfort sorted, then you can choose a style that is attractive and that you would like to wear. Despite the fact that most of the time, the only person to know what underwear you’re wearing will be you, that’s all that matters. Pick a pretty pair of panties simply because you like them – you might just find yourself feeling more confident than ever! To conclude, while it’s undoubtable that underwear will continue to improve in the future, with advances in design and technology, the choices we have at the moment are the essentials and more. Comfort and style are both key features in choosing the perfect pair of underwear, and it’s not as difficult as it sounds!
Just a few sleeps left until Santa comes and the last-minute Christmas shopping panic sets in. We all joke about getting socks and undies from Santa (or grandma) for Christmas, but these can actually be fantastic stocking fillers. How many of us have an undies drawer full of holey socks and sad-looking underwear? (Hello boys, I’m talking to you.) Undiewarehouse is your one-stop shop for stocking-fillers. Check it out: • Get your tween girl the Bonds Wideband Bikini and the matching Bonds Girls Wideband Crop Bra. They are super comfortable, look great, and will make her feel really grown up. Even better- get more bang for your buck, as they come in two pack for the undies and three pack for the crop.
• Your little boy will feel like a man when he wears the Bonds Boys Fit Trunk. So much more stylish than briefs, and very comfortable, guaranteed not to ride up!
• Young women will love the Parisienne Classic Print Cami and Parisienne Classic Print Full Brief from Jockey. Cheeky French styling with flat lace finishes and beautiful prints will delight. Perfectly suitable for day wear, we love this set worn as a comfy pyjama alternative for summer.
• There’s nothing worse than a pair of socks that is past its use-by date. Do you guy a favour and gift him with a pack of the finest new socks. We have them all – from sport styles (like the Bonds Men’s Stripe Trainer Socks, in a whopping 24 pack) to office styles (like the Holeproof Explorer Cotton Blend 6-pack).
• Know someone who’s having a baby in the New Year? New mums can never have enough baby basics. We especially love the Bonds Baby Singletsuit and the Bonds Baby Stripe Zip Wondersuit. Pregnant mums-to-be will also love something for themselves – and the Cantaloop Nursing Tank Top is a comfortable summer nightwear garment which will take her through pregnancy into the nursing period.
• For something special for her, look no further than the sexy lingerie by Wild Cherry available at Undiewarehouse. From intimate wear to outerwear, you’re sure to find something to thrill her on Christmas morning!
Let’s face it – very few of us women actually enjoy going bra shopping. While we may love browsing beautiful, satiny or lacy items, the whole trying it on and getting it right can be downright tedious. But though bra shopping may seem a bit overwhelming and unpleasant, it can be just the opposite if you have some insider knowledge are well prepared... By far the most important thing is to purchase a bra that is the right size. 80% of women wear the wrong sized bra – can you believe that the average woman will wear six different bra sizes throughout her adult life? We gain and lose weight, our hormones wreak havoc on our breasts, we get pregnant and many of us breastfeed, and in mid-life we go through menopause. All of these can dramatically impact on the size and shape of the breasts and also of the torso – which is every bit as important in fitting a bra as is breast size. The wrong sized bra is uncomfortable and unhealthy. Neck problems, shoulder hunching, and back pain are all potential risks of not getting it right. Bra sizes are based on two measurements: bust and underbust. The combination of these will dictate your band size and your cup size. You might not realise that the cup is sized relative to the band – so not all C-cups, for example, are equal! For instance, if a 14C bra is spot on for cup size but too large in the band, the correct size to try would not be a 12C, but a 12D. It’s not as confusing as it may seem. Follow these easy steps to find the perfect bra for you: Measure Underbust: wear your most comfortable aloneonly for measuring. Use a flexible but not stretchy tape measure. Measure around your rib cage, directly under your breasts, without having the tape too loose or tight. It should be parallel to the floor. This measurement is your band size. Measure Bust: Measure with tape again parallel to the floor, and not too tight or loose, around the fullest part of your bust (still wearing your bra). Your breast shape should not be altered by the tape. Determine your bra size:
Courtesy of Berlei
These are sure signs your bra is the wring size: Baggy Cups = Cups too large Bulging Breasts (top or sides) = Cups too small Protruding wires = band size is too large Back rides up = band size is too small Bra straps dig in = straps adjusted too tight, cups too small, or band too large.
Summer can be a tricky time for keeping babies – especially newborns – comfortable and safe. Babies don’t regulate body temperature the same way that older kids and adults do, so they rely on others to get it right. An overdressed baby can overheat, get heat rash, and be miserable. Allowing a baby’s fragile skin to be exposed to heat and the sun can cause a very damaging sunburn and life-threatening heatstroke. So how should you dress your baby during summer? Indoors, dress an infant in lightweight, loose-fitting clothing, preferably not made from synthetics. Natural fibres like cotton breathe and absorb perspiration – and babies tend to sweat profusely. If outdoors, keep baby in the shade at all times, and dress him or her in long, light coloured pants and a long sleeved light top to protect from harmful rays. Don’t forget that the worst sunburns can happen on overcast days. Babies can get cool in summer too – much more easily than the rest of us do. If inside in air conditioning, dress in light layers and check the hands and feet regularly to be sure that baby is not getting cold. Use a muslin or cotton wrap at night. At Undiewarehouse, we have baby basics from Bonds to get you started for summer infant dressing. • Bonds Baby Short Sleeve Bodysuit is perfect for wear both under other clothing and on its own. Soft and comfortable, made from ribbed cotton, it has an easy-shaped neckline, capped short sleeves, and has no side seams. Durable press stud closures at the bottom make for lasting wear. We sell it in a two pack, either in white, white and baby blue, or white and pink.
• Bonds Baby Singlet Suit has all the features of the baby bodysuit, yet with a singlet shoulder as opposed to sleeves. We sell it in a white two-pack, and it is the perfect undergarment or can be worn alone on the hottest days.
• Our Bonds Baby Vests are extra soft cotton, ribbed, side seam-free, and will fit baby like a glove. Long in length, they are comfortable, and we sell them in two or three packs. Our three pack is available in white. Two packs come in a choice of white or purple and pink.
Browse our full range of baby wear today.
We are constantly adding new lines here at Undiewarehouse. Here’s a look at what’s new in for women this month... • Berlei Curves – Printed Lift and Shape Underwire T-Shirt Bra.
The Berlei Curves range is beautifully crafted to suit well endowed women. Shaping, uplift, and superior support are achieved without adding any extra size or bulk to your physique. The Lift and Shape Underwire T-shirt bra is lavishly styled with a silver motif on a black silky satin background. It features hidden under bust support and micro-thin cups, with low-front styling. This is a luxurious bra which creates a smooth line under clothing.
Fabulously comfortable, and great for ease of movement no matter what you’re doing, these leggings are stretchy, feature a soft elastic waistband which follows the curves of your body, and have innovative moisture-wicking technology which draws moisture away from the body. You’re guaranteed to keep cool and dry – no matter how hard you’re working or working out. • Berlei – Barely There Luxe Bra Set. Available in ivory, cafe mocha, or black, this luxurious set includes mid rise hipster briefs which are trimmed with soft stretch lace, fused at the waist and legs for a smooth edge and barely-there comfort. The bra is made from high quality, soft stretch fabric which offers an easy fit with maximum support and a flattering shape. The band is double layered at the back with a padded hook and eye closure. This beautiful set is great for everyday wear. • Bonds – Terry Roll Up Short. These indigo navy terry shorts are perfect for summer leisure wear – home, beach, picnic ... with a roll up hem, drawstring waist, and angled side pockets, these wardrobe basics will keep you casually cool and stylish. • Ambra – Bodysoft Dream Bra. Choose this ultimate in seam free comfort, in nude, black or white! Offering ease of movement yet a body hugging fit, this bra is made of extremely soft microfibre, which is wash and wear – so easy to care for. Wirefree and with a low back design, it’s the perfect summer garment. Browse our latest arrivals and shop online today!
New to Undiewarehouse, Mossimo brings “global California cool” to lingerie and underwear. The brand was born in California in 1986, when a college student, Mossimo Gianulli, jumped on the surf and street fashion bandwagon and began making shorts for beach volleyball wear in his suburban garage. Selling them casually on the beach, the humble and grassroots brand was soon symbolic of Californian Youth Culture. In a short time the product was sold to local surf stores, and within two years it was a million dollar business. Mossimo launched in Australia in 1999 (as well as in Canada, Japan, Mexico and Europe). Today, Mossimo manufactures clothing for men, women, and kids- from tanks to jeans, dresses to sleepwear – and, of course, underwear and lingerie. New In at Undiewarehouse, we have some very stylish Mossimo Bra Sets which are perfect for summer... • The Adele Moulded Printed Bra Set in Green Glaze features a contoured-cup bra which is super soft and provides just the right boost. The briefs are shaped for everyday wear and have a pre-fold leg elastic and the Mossimo waist band.
• The Adele Push Up Printed Bra Set offers the same features as above, yet with a push-up bra feature. This is available in Lavender Frost with pink banding.
• The Ebony Moulded Printed Bra Set, available in Purple Jewel or Sesame, features a very soft, contoured-cup bra with a wide band for premium support. The briefs are of soft cotton stretch fabric , with a wide, new look waistband and pre-fold leg elastic.
• The Ebony Moulded Striped Bra Set has all of the same features as the above set, yet comes in a fun and vibrant stripe design which is perfect for summer.
All of our Mossimo Bra Sets are perfect for everyday wear and are easy to care for, made of soft cotton elastane. They are the perfect stocking filler for Christmas – but they are so gorgeous, they are sure to sell out fast! Get yours today!
Here at Undiewarehouse, we are constantly adding to our cast range of merchandise, with new and exciting lines arriving all of the time. So what’s the latest in this October? Here is but a tiny snippet of what we have to show off... • The Holeproof Mock Rib Brief is great for warmer weather. Made from the softest breathable cotton mock-ribbed fabric, with lining at the front, these briefs are super comfortable. There are no labels to scratch and irritate, the waistband is covered, and best of all, they are fantastic value packed in a bundle of three pairs.
• Another great product from Holeproof, the All Season Full Brief comes in a great value four pack. Comfortable all day, they’re made from stretchy cotton polyester rib fabric and have an open fly with a double layered front panel.
• We have a bunch of new products from CR7 Christiano Ronaldo. Choose between the Basic Men’s Boxer, the basic Men’s Brief, and the Basic Men’s Trunk. All come bundled in packs of three, and are crafted from the highest quality fabrics for the perfect fit every time. Waistbands feature the CR7 logo and have a satin finish, and are made from 100% cotton or cotton elastane. The Boxer has a two-button front fly.
• Mossimo is another new arrival at Undiewarehouse. From Standard Issue Trunks in packs of two or three pairs, to Standard Issue Briefs, again in two or three packs, you’re assured of outstanding quality at great prices. All feature the iconic Mossimo script on the waistband, and are made from cotton stretch fabric for utmost comfort. Step style up a notch and try the Mossimo Dane or Ricky Trunks or Briefs.
• Finally, get sorted for summer in the office with the Holeproof Heroes Computer Socks in Cotton Blend. This bumper twelve pack offers an amazing discount, and the socks are perfect for both business and casual wear. The soft cotton lycra blend is breathable, comfortable, promotes circulation, and will not fall down or bunch at the ankles.
Browse out store online today – and stay tuned next time for what’s new in for women!
With the weather warming up and summer soon to be on its way, many women despair of how to transition their shapewear to hot weather. While it’s quite nice to squeeze into shaping undergarments in the cooler months, summer heat and humidity do not always feel compatible with shapewear. Particularly in Australia, even at night in summer wearing less feels better for comfort. All is not lost! At Undiewarehouse, we have a variety of shaping undergarments which will do their job into summer yet not make you feel like a walking sauna... Just a small selection of our summer-friendly shapewear includes these items from Ambra: • Ambra – Killer Figure Waist Killer Boyleg Brief – seamfree and guaranteeing a perfect fit, these boyleg briefs are perfect under a short dress. They flatten the tummy, lift the buttocks, and smooth the hips.
• Ambra – Killer Figure Underbust Shaper Top – designed for comfort, with a low back, this top sits under the breast so can be worn with the bra of your choice, or braless if you prefer. It’s seamfree for a body hugging fit, and smoothes the tummy and torso without flattening the bust. We very highly recommend this article of shapewear.
• Ambra – Killer Figure Underbust Shaper Slip – adopting the same design and styling as the top, the slip goes one step further and smoothes the hips, thighs, and buttocks as well. Again, wear it with or without a bra.
• Ambra – Bodysoft Shaping Control Brief – seamfree and made with the softest yarns, these supersoft microfibre briefs offer moderate shaping and support without too much coverage. These are the perfect shapewear item for everyday wear – just wash and go.
• Ambra – Killer Figure Adjustable Body Suit – like all other Ambra Shapewear, this body suit is designed for comfort. It smoothes your torso with a tummy-flattening design, at that same time as it lightly supports the bust. With adjustable straps and adjustable cotton gusset fastening, you will have a smooth and sexy silhouette.
Saying hello to summer does not mean saying goodbye to shapewear! Browse our full range today, and step out looking sleek – no matter how high the temperature climbs!
Too often, us women keep our bras way past their use by date. They become like old comfortable friends – but a bra past its best is more of a frenemy than a friend!
Bras do have a limited lifespan – about six months at most, and only this long if they are cared for properly. Many experts say three months is the lifespan of a well-worn bra. Here are some sure signs that it’s time to retire your old bra (or bras) and invest in some new ones... • Your weight has changed. Any gain or loss of more than about four kilograms will signal a new bra is required. A good fit is imperative, otherwise there is no point wearing a bra at all – and breasts respond dramatically to weight gain or weight loss. • The band or straps have stretched out. Bras get their stretchy qualities from Lycra or a similar material. It’s a fabulous material while it lasts, but it does not last long. Bras will stretch and grow with you, and once the Lycra is past its best, the bra will no longer do its job properly. A sure sign is when the straps or band just aren’t tight enough – even on their tightest adjustment. And always purchase a bra that fits at the loosest hook – this will give a little leeway as the band inevitably stretches. • The underwires are skewed. Underwires are meant to sit flush against the skin – not gape, not dig in. They should never feel uncomfortable. If they break free of the bra, it’s time to say goodbye to the bra. • The hooks are damaged. Twisted or pulled open hooks, or broken hooks will prevent a bra from fastening properly. • The cups have lost their shape. This means you, too, will appear to have lost shape. • The bra is torn, stained, or otherwise damaged. Like underwear, a bra that you’d be embarrassed to be seen in at the doctor’s office or clothing store change room is a bra that needs to be thrown away. If it has a tear, is soiled beyond washing, is stretched out or otherwise “yuk”, replace it immediately. It’s much better to have a few high quality bras than many that are substandard. If your bra is not at its best, your breasts will not look or feel their best. A worn bra will lack support and lift, and will not only feel uncomfortable, but may contribute to neck, shoulder and back pain – not to mention sagging breasts. So toss out your old bras and shop for some gorgeous new styles today!
Here at Undiewarehouse, we are constantly updating our stock and adding new lines for men, women, and kids. As we prepare to move into spring (and how welcome will that be?), let’s take a quick look at what’s new in at Undiewarehouse for men... • Bonds Men’s Textured Shorts are a brand new arrival to our online store. Available in petrol blue or atrous colours, these comfortable shorts are made from textured terry fabric, and are cut to a regular shape. Designed to sit just above the knee, these casual shorts have pockets in back and at the front, and an adjustable drawstring waist.
• Great for cool days and nights, the Bonds Men’s Besties Raglan Pullover is a comfortable and casual wardrobe essential. Choose between new grey marle and weatherboard (pale blue) in soft cotton. With stretch, ribbed waistband and cuffs, and raglan sleeves for utmost movement, this garment is cut to a regular fit and will suit most body shapes.
• Bonds Men’s Logo Shorts are a classic favourite. Available in faded grey cotton polyester, they feature the signature Bonds elastic logo waistband for comfort, as well as draw cords for contemporary styling. These shorts are perfect for relaxing or getting active.
• For a great look and optimal comfort, guys can’t go past the Bonds Men’s Textured Slim Hoodie. Soft French terry textured fabric in petrol blue or atrous colours, with subtle detailing to make it more than just a regular hoodie: fine pinstripe ribbing at cuffs and waistband, a higher collar, and seam detailing on the hood. This is a fantastic piece that no stylish guy should be without.
• Bonds – V-Neck Raglan Tee, which comes in a great value 4-pack, is another wardrobe essential for guys of all tastes, sizes, and body shapes. It is available in black or white, and is made from high quality cotton interlock fabric. With a V-Neck design, the smaller sizes even feature seam free sleeves. This tee is great for layering or wearing alone. And suits all body shapes and sizes.